Thursday, October 15, 2015

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!

I'd be lying if I said I never get frustrated with God for not being clear about His desires for my life.  I mean, seriously, can't He just tell me EXACTLY what He wants me to do?  Can't He just write me a message in the clouds or send me a letter or an email?

It seems like every time I think I have my future figured out, something changes dramatically.  People tell me all the time that they can't keep up with me because my plans keep changing.... Anyone else with me here?

It wasn't until this morning that I realized that I've been trying wayyyyy too hard to discern what God's will is for my life.  I've been trying instead of living.  I've been thinking instead of doing.  I've been yearning instead of praising.

Oops.

Correct me if I'm off base here...  But I simply don't think that God is always crystal clear about what He wants from us.  Sometimes He is, but not always.  I think that in most cases He paints a broad picture for us and allows us to discern the details.  This empowerment from God to discern for myself what paths I take in life terrified me at first.  But for the first time, Proverbs 3:5-6 has finally gone from simple head knowledge to heart resonation.  If we are seeking God with all our heart, we can't go wrong!  We may have multiple options roaming around in our brains about our future and as long as we are attuned to the Holy Spirit's movement, we have freedom to choose any one of those options without worrying about following God's will.  #liberation

I don't think this means that we won't make mistakes anymore, because that's just inevitable.  But we can take comfort in knowing that God has a plan even for our mistakes.  Somehow he takes our failures and makes them successes for Himself.  He will always be glorified.

So keep praying, keep reading the Word, keep asking for direction.  He is faithful in provision.  But don't forget to LIVE while discerning.  He will make the most of our discernment, I guarantee it.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Needed to hear it and am so thankful for your words! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'd be great if God always sent us a burning bush or Angels or something to show us the way. It's His gift of freedom that allows us to do anything! He wants us to live our lives how we want to!! Couldn't ask for a better gift! We've all been lost before something you could do is to ask your friends and family on there opinions because God can use people in our lives to help guide us. Still lost? You can always right a pro and con list for each option. But, sometimes He lets us fail so we can learn from our mistakes. No matter what you choose to do He'll always love you. God gives you two things to do and the rest is your story to fill out. Matthew 22:36-40. Remember also that everything happens in His time. Ecclesiastes 3. Isaiah 55

    ReplyDelete